Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

October 11, 2011

San Francisco

Well the summer officially ended for me on September 11th. So on September 12th, I boarded a plane to begin the first leg of my 2 week vacation... San Francisco.




I am going to first rewind a week and a half. While doing lunges at the gym, I tore my right iliopsoas muscle, strained my adductor of the right pelvis, and tore my right gluteus muscle. After having an MRI, my doctor told me I was to be on crutches for an entire month and he "didn't think going on my vacation was a smart idea." Let me tell you, I just about had a nervous breakdown. When you spend your ENTIRE summer looking forward to something and then it basically gets taken away from you, well, it just plain stinks. So, I compromised. I rented a wheelchair and called Christian to inform him of my plan and of his new role as my "wheelchair pusher."


He did a wonderful job :)

The first night, we had dinner at the only Kosher vegetarian restaurant in San Francisco with Christian's research partner (Craig), his boss (Dr. Friedman) and his wife, and other past researcher assistants of Dr. Friedman. We had a wonderful time and ate lots and lots of food!




We were in San Francisco for a total of 3 days. The majority of the time,  I was off doing all the touristy stuff:

Gorgeous house on Lombard street






I drove down Lombard Street all by myself! 


While poor Christian was stuck inside doing this: 

haha! Just kidding! We really were able to spend a lot of time together in the afternoons, so we went and visited some of my favorite SF attractions:
Kara's Cupcakes= LOVE!
  Ghirardelli Square


Best seafood restaurant ever!


 Fisherman's Wharf


People rave about this restaurant so we had to try it. We were not disappointed!


  Me and Christian on our hop on- hop off bus tour


Christian picked out a pearl for me :)


I am wayyyy behind on this blog {I am currently in South Korea visiting my sister and BIL}.... so I will try and catch up soon!

1 comment:

  1. I love the love you two exude with each other :) makes me so happy! happy to have stumbled across your blog!

    ReplyDelete