Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

March 18, 2012

Chicago- Part 1

Wow, I am so behind on this blog! I visited Christian in Chicago for Spring Break and we had a great time touring the city. We both like to eat, so the first day we took a walking food tour. We had a guide and everything. She took us to a few of the well known Chicago restaurants. It was a 3.5 hour long tour with a total of 6 food stops.... so we were STUFFED at the end of the tour.  

 First stop- Pizano's pizza for a slice of deep dish cheese pizza. 

Our tour guide. She was awesome. 

Christian

At the Drake hotel. Part of the tour, but no food. 

 Chicago style hot dog from Downtown Dogs. Chicagoans don't like ketchup on their hot dogs!



Last stop was the Tip Top Tap at the historic Allerton Hotel for a sweet treat. 

I wish I had taken more pics of the food. We also stopped at Sarah's {fudge}, Heaven on Seven {seafood gumbo}, and Billy Goat Tavern {famous for the SNL 'Cheezborger' skit}. I want to try and do a food tour in every city I visit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment