Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

March 19, 2012

Chicago- Part 2

We had every intention of doing this on the trip..... 
but no joke, about 100 elementary aged kids walked right in front of us as we were about to get in line to purchase tickets. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, but there was no way I was going to go ice skate with 100 of them. 

Anyway, being the food lovers we are, we wanted to try out a restaurant that was featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. 

We were soooo disappointed! Definitely makes me wonder how restaurants are picked to be featured on the show. Does Guy really find them or do restaurants write in and nominate themselves? I think the latter. 

We also decided to re-do a table during my visit in Chicago. Christian was given this old table from his friend and we decided to stain it. Since the table was free, we had nothing to loose if it turned out horrible! I totally forgot to take a before picture, so all I have is the picture Christian took on his phone when he first received the table. 


After the 1st unsuccessful strip. We had to then strip it 4 more times. 

Christian sanding it down. 

I left midway through the project so it has now become Christian's project :) I will keep you updated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment